Sunday 2 May 2021

+++REDACTED+++ Continue painting the army

I'm in the middle of adding Old Gold on the gun barrels and a few other choice details. Tried to mix in a little drop of Retarder Medium (and water) to the gold paint so I didn't need to rush so much or worry about the paint drying on the brushes. Works out nice. Before the golds I put down some Black Wash on the gun casings and other major weapon parts. I feel that these two steps have already made a huge improvement to the overall look of this army. They just seem to add so much definition to the models. Still need to do the golds on the Chaplain, Company Veterans & Vanguard Veterans (with jump packs). Then pay some attention to the Rhino & the Land Speeder. Maybe I'll do some big black/white/red lines as markings, while the Land Speeder still needs a base. And oh, what about putting some differentiating colors on the helmets of the characters and unit leaders? After that I guess it'll be time to do some serious transfer work. 


+++

No comments:

Post a Comment