Monday 10 May 2021

+++REDACTED+++ Space Marines - still painting the army

Haven't had much hobby time recently, but managed to add a bunch of important details to the army. If I counted correctly, there's now 198 transfers/decals on these guys. Most are from the new & old Space Marine transfer sheets (including upside-down Ultramarine ones), with a few Skitarii & Necromunda Enforcer ones thrown in. I also scribbled in hundreds of tiny lines and +++ symbols everywhere. These guys like to take notes! Still have to do similar scrawls on most of the purity seals. 

All this little line work was super fun to do even though the amount of it seemed overwhelming at first. I found an unused brush (Army Painters Regiment size) with a very sharp point and used that. It's big enough to keep quite a bit of fresh paint on it, so no need to go back to the palette that much. I also mixed in a tiny drop of Vallejo's Retarder Medium (and water) to keep the blacks and whites from drying too quick. Pure joy. I recommend trying that medium if you haven't. 

I still have to retouch some of the golden areas (can be seen through in places), maybe block in a few steely parts and see if there's anything else I'd like to emphasize before covering everything with some oil washes and pigment powders. It's likely I'll do some fine edge highlights on a few important spots (helmets, details on characters, around bullet holes etc.) later on. 

Here's the whole group of +++REDACTED+++ Space Marines, and a closer shot of a few more detailed ones. 




+++

No comments:

Post a Comment