Monday 8 March 2021

Chaos Cultist / golem troopers for Chaotic Overlords (and another Necromunda gang...?)

Okay, here's something just slightly different for a change. I've been trying to organize a game with a friend for quite a while now. I had my own ambitions in trying out the new edition of Warhammer 40k, since that's what I've been recently building armies for (did some Orks last summer, Nurgle CSM through the fall, and these Chaotic Overlords for the last two months). But my friend suggested Necromunda. It's been my favourite game for the last 25 years, so why the hell no?!

So just to tie things together a bit, I decided to build up another Necromunda gang that could also double up as a unit of Chaos Cultists for my big 40k Overlords. After a quick rummage through my endless bits boxes, I came across four metal Servitor miniatures I recently bought from somebody at the local miniature trading group at Facebook. These would form the basis of the gang. Add in some Genestealer & Chaos Cultists, Skitarii and Space Marine bits and whatnot. Didn't remember that converting metal miniatures was so tedious...

As I envision these dudes to be kind of reanimated golems,  I felt something else than just ordinary human heads would be in order. Maybe more animal heads or skulls, much like my proxy CSM troopers or Centauroid Bikers have? 

Then a tiny piece of lore formed up in my head. The big Overlords would always decapitate their victims (and slaves), then mix up and swap body parts and heads in between different species. The most succesful and strongest ones would live up to become these CSM troopers and Centauroids for example. But the weak and miserable ordinary humans wouldn't usually be able to cope with such a massive operations. They would need other things to stay up. So the Overlords would insert these big magical orbs of unholy powers for their heads and bind them to their evil will. Enter evil laughter.

For the Necromunda purposes, I armed the gang quite well. The leader has plasma gun and an axe (I'll hopefully find a power axe for him some day...). The two heavies got a flamer and a heavy bolter. Four gangers all have a basic weapons. I gave them a varied mix to personalize individual gangers and help differentiating between them in the gaming situation. So there's a boltgun, a shotgun, an autogun and some weird Skitarii gun that I think can be played as a lasgun, a hunting rifle or even a needle sniper rifle if I ever happpen to find one. The trio of juves got the usual close combat weapons, with the all time personal favourite load out of two knives. Everybody in the gang also has a holster, so can be armed up with any kind of pistol. Enter even more evil laughter. I might still sculpt in some eyelids and/or hoods around their magical orb heads.



No comments:

Post a Comment