Friday 5 March 2021

Obliterators - mutated golem henchmen for the Chaotic Overlords finished

One more unit painted ready! I'm loving the end result, even though I had a little difficult times painting these. I was doubting whether their faces (or even most of the "fleshy" parts) should be done in teal tones, like all the bigger guys faces I did earlier. Or should I try to smoothly blend all the reds into the metal tones of their guns and gear. But I felt I hadn't taken these things in consideration when building and sculpting the unit up, so didn't have much guidance from that side. Just couldn't decide where to start and aim for. So I routinely went with the red face and skin tones, and roughly followed the formula I had chosen for this army project. 

When it was time to add transfers, everything kind of came together very well. I just loaded all the gun parts with red runes and hand marks from the Night Lords transfer sheet. The fleshy sides of the monstrosities were filled with black and white runes and writings from Word Bearers, Skitarii and Necromunda Enforcers (at least) transfer sheets. I also painted some tiny wriggly markings with white to better bring together some of the different transfer types, and shape them to match the curvy lines of the models more. I also did lots of dirtying and staining of the details and metals, mostly with Seraphim Sepia and Athonian Camoshade. So even though the basic paint job on these guys is extremely simple, the myriad of different transfers really help to blend and bring everything together and provide lots of detail. Lovely miniatures!










No comments:

Post a Comment