Friday 22 January 2021

Chaotic Overlords ready for painting!

The core of this new "big guys" "army" of mine is now almost ready to to get some paint on. I'm currently just waiting for the clay on their bases and some Green Stuff details to dry. So might actually get painting this evening! 

It has been a fun journey to come up with the final looks for these miniatures. The big guys (Demon Prince and Helbrute types) are quite close to the initial blurry picture I had in my head some time ago. One major element I like a lot are the curved lines that can be seen on many places (such as the boot tips, noses, claws etc.), that evolved very naturally from the myriad toy scorpion parts, armoured horse bits and horns.

Latest arrivals here are the trio of centauroids I plan to use as Chaos Bikers. I can see a futuristic Beasts of Chaos type of theme emerging here. Glad I've got dozens of old and new Beastmen miniatures, horses, boars, more toy scorpions and other animals waiting somewhere. Also started scratch building a trio of Obliterator types back at home (no pictures taken yet). They are bloated blobs of flesh and Lego guns wobbling on thin legs. Yet to add or sculpt big heads on them. 

Plans for painting? I'll start with black basecoat, maybe spray some red droplets on from above. Unhealthy and pale flesh on the faces. Skulls, iron, gold, bronze and parchments as usual. Bright orangey red for demonic scorpion parts. Maybe bright cyan/blue for glow effects and eyes? Marbling red & black on the robes. And for the final touches as many black & white checker patterns, runes, sigils and symbols everywhere as I can comfortably fit. 











No comments:

Post a Comment