Thursday 14 January 2021

Just a tiny bit of progress with the Chaotic Overlords

It feels like this project is progressing super slowly. But I have to remind myself it's only an odd two hours work a day, and not even every day. Sometimes a bit more for sure. Usually I'll be gluing a few more tiny bits (such as skulls, crab claws and whatnot) here and there. Then sculpt in some shoulder pads, nostrils and spikes, before leaving to dry overnight. There are positive sides in this kind of layer-by-layer method of working. The process is fun and intuitive, and I'm not completely sure how the end results will look like even though I have some vague ideas and feel where I'm constantly aiming at. Certain things are also very easy to sculpt one piece or an area at a time. It requires lots of waiting however, and results are showing very slowly. But I'm getting there! Very happy and exited with how the squad of 5 horse-headed troopers (maybe just regular Chaos Space Marines?) are turning out. Together with the Centaur "bikers" I'm planning this army is accumulating some obvious Beasts of Chaos vibes. Glad I got some old Beastmen miniatures hiding somewhere...













No comments:

Post a Comment