Sunday 1 August 2021

Raising the Army of the Dead (pt.5) - WIP Corpse Carts, Mortis Engine & Vengorian Lord

I've been blessed to have lots of hobby time this week, so continued working on the Undead hordes. Just when I thought that I might be able to finish this Soulblight Gravelords army (a bit over 2000 points with the updated points costs) today, I realized I still need to come up with a Necromancer and a Vampire Lord on foot. And oh, maybe some Gravesite markers as well. 

The Vengorian Lord & Corpse Carts are pretty much done now. Just waiting for the glue/brown paint mixture and pizza herbs to dry on their bases. After that I'll seal the bases with a mix of diluted PVA glue and some Citadel Washes (Seraphim Sepia & Athonian Camoshade have usually been the chosen ones) and paint the base rims Matt Black. The Mortis Engine (walking zombie tree / gallows / ghost -configuration) still needs one or two layers of drybrushing, some orange wash for shading and maybe a little detail work here and there. Then matt varnish, followed by dirt & blood splatter. 










No comments:

Post a Comment