Friday 4 June 2021

WIP Making scatter terrain - Welcome to the jungle!

I started making some scatter jungle terrain last Friday, and have continued with them this week on lunch breaks. Now it's time for another long hobby night today! 

I can't come up with any cohesive article on how everything is made and why. It's a big mess, and there's several things going on at the same time (mainly because stuff often needs to dry for a while), so this has been quite a chaotic process. Some of the pictures hopefully speak for themselves on what's going on. I might try to write a summary on some of the favorite materials and methods in the end, because I've tried a bunch and these seem to vary and change as I go along. 

At this point however, I'd like to point out three major things:
   * Plastic plants and leaves. Looking stupid at first, but might just come out great in the end. 
   * Assorted pizza herbs for ground cover. Yummy.  
   * I'm making some of the LEGENDARY OLD SCHOOL green cactus balls with red spikes sprouting out on all directions. Now I'd like to now how to paint hundreds of cocktail sticks red BEFORE I stick and glue them into the balls, so I don't have to worry about being neat when painting them.

Anyways, here's some messy WIP shots.





























No comments:

Post a Comment