Wednesday 21 April 2021

+++REDACTED+++ Company & Vanguard Veterans, Devastators

Assembly line work from last weekend and a few lunch breaks. Got a nice bunch of tooled-up Company Veterans. I had been planning on having five of them in a Razorback, accompanied with some elite support character such as an Apothecary. They would have been closely followed by a Rhino, transporting other characters (maybe an Ancient, Company Champion & Lieutenant) and some Tactical or Assault Marines. But as I've been adding up points cost for this army, I couldn't fit all of this in 2000 points list along with all the other stuff I've already built. So I decided that the Razorback had to wait, and I would just cram in the Veterans & Characters in a Rhino. Had only four characters in mind, so could fit in 6 Veterans. Only after building all of them I realized that a squad of the Veterans is limited to a maximum of 5 models. Oh booger. But hey! I could always take two squads of three (or even squads of 2 and 4). Sweet... Got Thunder Hammers (optionally proxying as Power Mauls or Axes), Storm Shields (trimmed from Chaos shields!) and a Combi-Plasma in there. Two are carrying only Chainswords & Bolters. I'm counting on that their transport Rhino will get blown to pieces and approximately two of these guys will die when disembarking. So no need to buy expensive stuff for everyone I guess.


+++

Here's some Devastators. I was planning on having two squads with more variety of heavy weapons, but again couldn't fit them all in the first 2000 points of this army I have in mind. They still need an Armorium Cherub for some help. Might just use a random Servo Skull for that, 'cause I don't have any cherub type miniatures laying around. Not gonna do much sculpting this time around.


+++

And finally we've got this threatening bunch of Vanguard Veterans with Jump Packs. There's a few Plasma Pistols, Lightning Claws, Storm Shields (more trimming of the old Chaos shields!) and Power Fists in there. With the Melta Bombs & Hammer of Wrath stratagems, and their loads of attacks with Chainswords & Shock Assault rule I'm thinking they can get pretty nasty indeed. Really wanted to use the beakie style helmets for these guys, and had to cut up some old pink Noise Marines I had converted from RTB01 Space Marines in the late 90's. I really like the "teeth & tongue" paintwork on those two heads, especially on the second guy from the right. Might do something similar for the whole squad when painting. Or would it be too chaosy?



+++

No comments:

Post a Comment