Friday 23 April 2021

+++REDACTED+++ Apothecary, Land Speeder & a group shot of the army assembled so far

A quick afterwork session from today. Since I didn't have any instantly suitable miniature to act as an Apothecary, I was thinking about buying one. But a new one costs 30€, so NO WAY I'm ever gonna pay that much for a single miniature. Ever. I should get a whole squad or more likely two for that price. So I waded through the bits boxes, and found a single Space Marine shoulder pad with the Helix icon on it, and an arm from a Techmarine that had a nice little drill piece in it. I combined these two with other nice Space Marine parts and voilá, the Apothecary was born! I also based a single Servo Skull to act as an Armorium Cherub for my Devastator squad. I reinforced it's tiny wiggly cable with a piece of guitar string, which was probably good idea since the plastic one already broke when I was carefully removing the mold lines from the skull. 


+++

Here is the Land Speeder Tornado (since it's got an Assault Cannon and a Multi-Melta). I've got no idea how to base it. Got no intact flying stands.


+++

Finally, here's a group shot of the whole army I've assembled so far. Last night I tried to count up the points in my head, and it was 1999 points on the nose. Hope I didn't forget anything! I'll write a list and do proper calculations soon. Now it's time to do minor sculpting of details and filling some gaps with Green Stuff, and then go priming the whole group with some spray. It just started snowing outside. 


+++

No comments:

Post a Comment