Tuesday 14 April 2020

Cities of Sigmar Shadow Warriors

I really just wanted some actual ARCHERS for my Cities of Sigmar army. Don't the human use regular bows anymore? Luckily the elven Shadow Warriors seem like very effective troops, at least on the paper. So I'm quite happy to have them.

This unit aims to combine a few things I really like: hoods so deep you can't see the faces, some static grass for camo, and long ragged robes/cloaks. I thought these guys would be super fast to paint, 'cause I wanted to keep them very dark, mysterious and plain. Trying to avoid using gold and red, but it's starting to feel like they just have to be included somewhere. The cloaks should get a bit darker still, with just a few sharp highlights. The unit leader came out super nice, and was the easiest one of them all to convert. Those two Mages just happened to casually hang around when the picture was taken.











No comments:

Post a Comment