Friday 23 October 2020

WIP more Death Guard & Daemons of Nurgle

Continued painting one Helbrute that I started in December 2019. Thought those 'Brutes and the Chaos Lord I just painted were started this years spring! Oh well.... 

The intended colour scheme back then was my old (that I had already used in late 90's) dirty bone white with the old Citadel Flesh Wash on shoulder pad rims, knee caps etc., coupled with my more recent affection to bright warm (but dirty) yellow. But I decided to finish the Helbrute so it matches the more recent Nurgle stuff I've done. 

I had ran out of the divine Waywatcher Green Glaze, and they don't make that one anymore. So tried mixes of Mortarion Green, Tesseract Glow and Lamenters Yellow. They're great! And I think it's very good to have some slight variations in the green, yellow and orange glazes that are super important to this scheme. Yet to do a few more glazes, base and final highlights. Surely add lots of rust and slime and mucus as well.



I'm trying to scratch build some super simple Blight/Bloat/Plague Drones. Dug up the old bag of the cheapest modelling clay on the market. Rolled up sausages. Used the round back of a saw (very thin handle of a brush or such would do the same) to create a few wrinkles. Then bent to shape and let to dry. All in all it took under 10 minutes to make six of these. Green Stuff on the "face" plates. The eyes were just pressed on with a cap of an empty super glue tube. Very nice! Now trying to come up with an idea how to make the propeller systems. Not gonna use lids from kids food mush tubes. 



A bit more Green Stuff sculpting on the other Helbrute, Beasts and Spawn. 





2 comments:

  1. Brilliant stuff! Very much looking forward to seeing these completed. The Hellbrute is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jason! Completion is very close now. Next up maybe some rotten cultists, a few characters or possessed tank(s).

    ReplyDelete