Thursday 2 July 2020

More speed... WAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

After completing the 2000 points worth of Skaven, I had a slight tingle on the back of my brain suggesting maybe something else could be done for a change. I thought about continuing building up some more Cities of Sigmar or Sylvaneth troops. Nurgle folks for 40k and/or AoS were also a likely option.

Upon cleaning some shelves at my hobby cave castle and discovering the raunchy Ork mobs from last year, the spark was ignited. That night I was also reading through old White Dwarfs, and surely stumbled upon some rather nice Ork kustom jobs, further feeding the good old Mek in me. The final twist of fate from our cunning god Mork came the very next day. I was fortunate enough to buy a HUGE pile of kustomized Ork vehicles and a vast bitz box from a friendly rival Ork Mek.

I went to purchase a dozen little containers and started sorting the new bitz as well as the whole lot of my older ones in them. There's just so much Orky stuff now it would be too hard to find anything specific without this approach.

Among many other things the bargain included about 20 Warbikes, and I set to work with them. Under the rather thick layers of propa red paint, some mould lines were still visible. Therefore lots of scraping had to be done first. And no self respecting Ork Mek should go around NOT kustomizing their traded stolen goods, so I went to modify and add things to the 'bikes even more. They already had lots of great ideas going on (which I'm very grateful of!), and I didn't want to spoil them nor start completely from the scratch. Just repositioned/changed most of the weapon arms and some heads, elongated a few front forks, added in more exhaust tubes, fenders, spoilers, bumpers, blades, spikes, rivets and gubbinz, then based them.

Had to check my old post about painting the Killa Kans to see what paints were being used. Gonna continue with these lads tonight. 'Ere we go!




















No comments:

Post a Comment