Wednesday 4 December 2019

"The EYE" - Death Guard Helbrute WIP

Bought a converted Helbrute from somebody on the internet earlier this year. It was a rather nice modification with a troll head and twin helbrute fists with heavy flamers. BUT the traditional/original sideways tilted pose of the 'brute wasn't altered at all, and I just couldn't think about having a lumbering and rotten Death Guard Helbrute dancing around the battlefields in such a silly posture. So I tore the model to pieces, inverted the legs around and lowered the fist arm.

I had already decided upon building a total of THREE different Helbrutes with twin lascannons to provide some serious threat for enemy tanks and other big nasties. I hesitated between a few different old lascannon versions (didn't have any newer ones available), and as they were all pretty small I decided to have a go and assemble the lascannons from the scratch myself with some plastic tubes. The big eye is just a token from some kids game. Did some Green Stuff sculpting as well. I really enjoy doing these kinds of mutated tentacly growths. What else? Skaven banner with extra skulls and bells. Big rocks hot glued to the base for some serious weight. Business as usual.




No comments:

Post a Comment